AdventHealth Home Care is seeking a caring, skilled Registered Nurse to fill a full time position as Home Care Liaison.
The Home Care Liaison collaborates with multidisciplinary staff inside of the hospital system to identify potential patients and coordinate home care services as well as ancillary services required to transition safely home. In this role you will attend the discharge or multidisciplinary rounds in acute care, ambulatory and or other settings to share expertise and provide feedback on home care patients within the health system.
The ideal candidate has a calm, professional presence, is an excellent critical thinker and multi-tasker, and is savvy with EMR programs.. You should be comfortable working with patients and families and possess a strong transitional care background, preferably with hospital setting and home care experience.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:15 am to 5:00 pm
Location: Orlando Hospital
Our employees enjoy: Competitive Pay, Quarterly Bonuses, Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, 401(k) Match, Verizon Wireless Discount, Paid Time Off, Nursing CEU's, and more!
As a Home Care Liaison you will:
• Identifying discharging patients and initialize the home care eligibility process,
• Assess the appropriateness of Home Health Services, offering choice to the patient, family and/or caregivers
• Maintaining a patient advocacy focus by promoting the well-being of the patient as a part of the facility team(s)
• Participating in care conferences and in coordination with care management
• Performing chart reviews to identify patients who may potentially benefit from Home Care.
• Ensuring the coordination of all ancillary services for the patient following discharge such as medical equipment, oxygen and transportation.
• Education of the benefits of Home Health Services for the patient, family and/or caregivers
• Associates degree in Registered Nursing required.
• Registered Nurse license in the state of Florida required.
• 2 to 5 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse.
• Hospital experience preferred; .Home Care experience desired
• Excellent Communication skills, verbal and written.
• Multi-tasking skills
• Organization ,creative thinking and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of medical equipment and medication
• Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and insurance benefits a plus
• Computer skills (Word, Excel, EMR, e-mail), voicemail, cell phone.
We can't wait to meet you!
AdventHealth Home Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.